Picture Perfect Design – Girly Garden Room
Doesn’t this tablescape scream teenage girl’s room to you? It did to me.
1. I wanted bedding that captured not only the bold pink, but also the tropical feel of the tablescape. This Lilly Pulitzer comforter fits the bill nicely.
2. What teen girl doesn’t have a mirror in her room? A girl must have a way to apply her super shiny, hot pink lip gloss afterall. I like that this one has a white frame and flirty curves to it.
3. With all of the wild colors and patterns in the room, I wanted to keep the bed pretty basic.
4 & 5. Throw pillows are a must for lounging. I wanted to be able to bring in the strong green featured in the inspiration tablescape. These pillows (found here and here) offer the ideal way to bring in a pop of that color without competing with the strong pattern of the comforter.
6. It is impossible to find a dresser in this color. Rather, as shown here, I would opt for a thrift store find repainted in our fun, bright green.
7. I would paint the wall behind the bed this green while keeping the remaining walls a bright, clean white.
8. This giant (72″ x 48″) wall mural makes a big impact for little $$$. The colors are perfect and it is bold without being too fussy or cluttered. It will pack a major graphic punch.
And there you have it, a room fit for a bubblegum princess.