Picture Perfect Design – Cute, Little House
There is a house in our neighborhood that I have always admired. It is super cute with dark grey paint, white shutters, a red door, and the most amazing flowers continually blooming. It looks like an English cottage. One night while driving past the house, I happened to look in the lit window of their basement. To my shock, the basement was full of animal heads, like African Safari animal heads. There was a zebra head, a gazelle, and a huge zebra skin rug adorning the walls. I couldn’t believe how different the inside was from the outside. That got me thinking. Could I design a room around the exterior of a house? Here is my attempt at just that.
1. I started with a tailored but casual sofa from Pottery Barn in a neutral beige.
2. The sofa gets a dash of color with two of these fabulous throw pillows from Target.
3 & 4. Next up comes some fabulous art with classic, bold colors coupled with two collage frames filled with black & white family photos. The combo is sure to create a focal point on one of our living room walls.
5. I love the rustic look two of these sconces will bring to the room. And at under $20 each, they are a steal!
6. This yummy red rug brings color to the room and helps keep the overall look casual.
7. The wall color is a warm, neutral beige. In fact, this color is very close to Raffia Cream from Behr which I have throughout my own home.
8. How cute are these chairs? A couple of them flanking the sofa will bring fun whimsy to the space.
9. This woven coffee table provides ample storage and harmonizes well with our preppy, casual look.
10. Finally, a rustic vase filled with bright red tulips is the perfect accent when placed atop our coffee table.