Picture Perfect Design – Blooming Tablescape
I am back with another design inspired by flowers…wonder what has been on my mind lately :)I have toying with the idea of planting a peony or two in my yard, and while researching the flower I ran across this lovely picture.
I thought this would make a beautiful centerpiece for a summer tablescape. Here’s the plan…
1. I like the white pop and feminine lines of these tealight holders. I think a dozen or so sprinkled throughout the table would add ambiance to the meal.
2. I am not a matchy, matchy girl. I love the spring colors in these glasses and the fact that they are so easy to mix and match. These would bring lots of color to the setting.
3. Of course, our table must have our beautiful inspiration as the centerpiece.
4. For table linens, I wanted a crisp white background and pops of color. This affordable tablecloth from Target sets the backdrop for our turquoise napkins and a runner made from fun, pink fabric. I tend to struggle to find tablerunners I like, so I often fashion my own from fabric remnants. Super easy & cheap!
5. I love the delicate doily design on these salad/dessert plates. I think layering them over our next selection will help break up the strong color and keep the table girly.
6. Who doesn’t love Fiestaware? Reproductions are so easy to find and they come in a rainbow of colors. Isn’t this yellow great for a summer table?
7. Finally, this beautiful flatware completes our look. Even for a casual table, I want good flatware. It should have a heft to it in my humble opinion. I love that this set is feminine yet strong. Perfecto!