Roasted Tomato Pasta
This recipe has made my kid cry. One time Eric and I finished off the last of this pasta after Edward had eaten two helpings. And he burst into tears. Two servings wasn’t enough. He wanted more. When I make this recipe, he says “oh goodie, goodie!” It is a standard meal in our home – usually in the rotation once a week. In fact, in the summer we grow our own tomatoes just for this recipe. In short people, this is good stuff. It is an Anne original. I really encourage you to give it a try.
- 1 pint grape or plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 gloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. Wayzata Bay Tuscan Seasoning (This is a local spice company in my area. The owners are really kind and you can order online.)
- 1/2 tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 16 oz. linguine
- 2 grilled chicken breasts cut into strips (optional)
- Parmesan to taste
Preheat oven to 400. Place tomato halves cut side up on cooking sheet lined with foil and sprayed with no stick spray. Mix 1/4 cup olive oil and seasonings in small bowl. Spoon mixture over tomatoes and drizzle with 2 tbsp. olive oil.
Roast in oven for 45-60 minutes (we always go 60 minutes because we like the tomatoes really charred).
Prepare pasta according to package. Crush tomatoes in bottom of large bowl. Add pasta, chicken, Parmesan and remaining olive oil. Toss well.