Inspiration File – Hydrangeas
This is my 100th post! Can you believe it?
This weekend we bought our first hydrangea plant. I can’t wait to have beautiful cut flowers filling my home. In the meantime, here some blooms that inspire me.
The ethereal quality of this image just screams bedroom to me.
1. I knew I wanted lots of feminine, white and sparkling elements in the room. This chandelier encompasses all of those. I find it to be airy rather than over-whelming.
2. Rather than a traditional headboard, I thought a mirror would be the perfect choice above the bed in this space. I love that it is frameless, causing light to bounce around off of it.
3. I would paint the walls a creamy yellow to bring out some of the darker tones in the hydrangeas.
5. This mirrored side table is so luxurious. It works perfectly in this room.
6. A plush, off-white rug underfoot helps ease one into the day.
7. These antiqued botanical prints harken to the subject matter of the inspiration for this space and continue the tone-on-tone color palette of the inspiration photo.
8. The piece de resistance of this bedroom is the bedding. I wanted something light with texture and a heavenly quality. This set fits the bill without breaking the bank.