Picture Perfect Design – Woodstock Rug
I go through design phases. That is part of why I started this blog. I am attracted to so many different styles and my tastes are constantly evolving. I don’t have the time or money to constantly redecorate my house whenever my design wind changes. Instead, I blog about all of the different styles and trends I love. And one the styles I am attracted to is eclectic.
Every once in a while, I feel stifled. When that feeling overcomes me, I find myself longing to fill my home with visually stimulating items, with objects that appeal to me on a visceral level. This is when eclectic speaks to me. Eclectic allows me to express every divergent part of myself in one jumbled room. It is dangerous territory. Done correctly, eclectic is awesome. But, it is easy for eclectic to go bad. And, when it goes bad…it goes really bad. Below is a rug that spoke to the eclectic mood currently occupying my soul. I hope my room, which looks much like something I would have chosen for myself at 22 had I been wealthy, does this inspiring rug justice.
1. My wall color choice is bold; I would go with a deep peacock-blue, bordering on ink. I love deep colors on the walls in the right space.
2. This gorgeous, mustard, leather couch is scrumptious with its library-esque lines and feminine vibe.
3. I love, love, love this chandelier. I have nowhere to put it in my own home, but it would fit perfectly into this virtual living room.
4. Blue is one of my favorite decorating colors because of how many awesome hues it comes in. This peacock color makes my point. And, the fact the chair is velvet puts it over the top. Divine!
5. Our inspiration rug, naturally.
6. This coffee table is to die for. It is really hard to do gold leaf and mirrored without screaming Liberace, but this piece manages. It is bold but still classy.
7. Again, the color appeals to me, but it is the lovely, ladylike curves that make this lamp work for this room.
8. I cheated on this chair. I COULD NOT find the perfect pink chair to set our room off to save my life. I had to steal this image from flickr.com. I am sorry it isn’t for sale, but I do feel confident that one could find an old chair at an estate sale and have it reupholstered to achieve the same look.