Picture Perfect Design – Breakfast at Tiffany’s
Years ago, my little bro gave me an awesome Christmas present.
It is in Italian because that is where darling hubby and I honeymooned. And, since Eric and I are such movie buffs (we met in college through the Film Society), it was a really thoughtful gift on little bro’s part. To this day, it hangs in our downstairs living area.
While thinking about blogging the other day, I was looking at this poster. It dawned on me that it would be a swanky inspiration for a cool-cat home theater space.
1. Audrey, Audrey, Audrey. She is the “it” girl of the 50’s and sets the tone for our movie viewing hangout.
2. Oversized, swanky lighting keeps the space kitschy and fun.
3. What home theater set up is complete without a popcorn machine? I love that this one is so stylish and chic.
4. Comfy floor cushions in a bright hue are perfect for kiddos lounging around to watch a movie.
5. I love, love, love the high glamor of these tables. A couple of them bring glitz to the space and are so Holly Golightly.
6. Seriously, what is a home theater room without tripped out leather seating. I like the deco lines and color of this set.
7. Lastly, glitzy sconces to provide low light for the room.
I could so spend a night watching My Fair Lady in this room.