Picture Perfect Design – Bogota Graffiti
Recently I have been researching Bogota, Colombia. It is afterall, where our next child will be from and the place our family will be spending 4-8 weeks while completing their adoption. While browsing online, I ran across this image.
I thought it was the perfect inspiration for an urban loft living room.
1. I really wanted an urban feeling space. A brick wall is the perfect touch to convey the industrial feel I was looking for.
2. Love this art. It is reminiscent of the graffiti in the inspiration photo. Look closely, the image is actually every number 0-9 overlaid on each other.
3. I would sprinkle these bulb lights throughout the space. Not only will this bring in adequate light, but they bring a bright pop of color to the room.
4. The vivid yellow in the inspiration photo was one of the first things that caught my eye, so I knew it needed to be an element in the room. This lovely rug brings the color in perfectly and acts as a nice visual contrast to the bold black punches.
5. I like the bold, black legs of this coffee table, but the white travertine top keeps the piece from feeling too heavy.
6. I can’t imagine a better choice for a modern loft living room than a black leather sofa with square lines.
7. Finally, these black side tables fit into the palette, and because they are so open they keep the room airy.