Picture Perfect Design – Rust
I love rustic. When visiting flea markets, I never pick up an item that is in pristine condition. Nope, I go for the rusty, beat up thing with patina and “character.” So, I thought rust would be a good inspiration for this week’s Picture Perfect Design. Doesn’t this photo capture it perfectly!
And, since yesterday it broke 50 (according to my car) for the first time this year, I thought I would celebrate by designing an outdoor escape for reading.
1. Imagine lounging under this pergola covered in tiny white lights.
2. This outdoor-friendly chandelier brings whimsy and light to our reading retreat. I just love chandeliers in outdoor spaces, don’t you.
3. Outdoor rugs are so easy to maintain – you just hose them down. This one will help ground our space and make it feel more like a living area and less like a garden.
4. This double chaise is perfect for curling up with a good book or a good hubby.
5. A couple of these rusty sconces hung on the posts of our pergola will add ambiance.
6. The clean lines of this table help break up some of the more embellished elements in the space. Plus, this table is a great choice for a reading area because you can pull it right over your lap.
7. Adding an abundance of planters and vases to your outdoor room will create a visual barrier, giving one a sense of privacy.
8. Finally, for those hot days, this gorgeous oil-rubbed bronze fan creates a nice breezy.
Seriously, doesn’t this make you wish it was summer?
P.S. I would love to challenge myself to create a room based on someone else’s inspiration photo. I already did a room for my friend Keryl and thoroughly enjoyed it. If anyone else is interested, please email me at email@example.com.