Picture Perfect Design – The Kiss
The Kiss by Gustav Klimt has long been one of my favorite paintings. I find it sensual and suggestive, but not overly sexual since the painting is composed largely of geometric shapes that suggest an image without giving intimate details. Plus, a man kissing a woman’s cheek makes me all sweet & melty inside.
Can you seriously think of a better inspiration for a bedroom? I am a sucker for earth tones and the subject matter is…obviously perfect.
1. The use of circles to represent foliage and the warm gold and copper tones drew me to this piece. But, the 3-D element is what sold me. It will help bring movement to the space.
2. The low, zen bed with warm wood headboard and linear metal base give a clean modern backdrop for the room.
3. The opulence of this lamp brings the gold of the painting to life.
4. A Moroccan influence is a natural based on the inspiration painting for this room. This pedestal used as a night stand is a perfect choice.
5. The earth tones in this Persian rug complement the room’s color scheme, but I also choose this rug because it brings a much-needed pattern to the space.
6. The room, just like the painting, is all about rich, earthy colors. I chose a putty backdrop for the walls. Mustard is incorporated through the bedding. Chocolate and brick spring from the rug and bring a visual pop to the space.
7. A lush velvet duvet in mustard is the perfect bedding for enveloping our couple.