Dwell Dressed: Sunny Cottage
Whenever I look at abodes in magazines, catalogs and websites, I find myself imagining the type of person that would inhabit such a space. What do they look like? What clothes would they wear? What would their job be?
In my monthly post, Dwell Dressed, I will do just that – conjure up an image of the owner of a given space. For the first installment, I chose this colorful cottage dining nook from Cottage Living.
The occupant of this space obviously doesn’t shy aware from color. Nor are they concerned about mixing patterns. For their outfit, I chose a relaxed summer ensemble reminiscent of the sunny walls in this room.
1. This top from Anthropologie was my first choice. The color is perfect, & I love the white detailing.
2. A bold statement necklace with a touch of feminine whimsy introduces a cobalt pop.
3. This roomy orange bag is the perfect complement to the yellow and blue outfit. Plus, it allows for plenty of space for any flea market finds the lady of the house might want to bring home.
4. Accessories, Accessories, Accessories…Obviously, Senora Cottage is not afraid to accessorize. I don’t believe she has ever heard the phrase, “Less is more.” If she has, she certainly doesn’t buy into it. So, I fully believe that multiple bangles, like these found on etsy (here, here & here), would grace her wrist.
5. Flowing white skirt similar to a peasant skirt but shorter and flirtier brings a much-needed neutral element to our outfit.
6. Finally, orange wedges pull the look together.