Picture Perfect Design – etsy Style
The other day, while perusing one of my favorite sites, etsy, I ran across this limited edition print by Matte Stephens.
The title is “Fall in New York”. I love it – the colors, the retro feel with a hint of country, even the irregular windows on the buildings. This is a piece I would choose for my home. And, it is a piece I could easily design a room around.
1. The lines of this sofa have a slightly retro feel, just like the inspiration piece. The cornflower blue is yummy and can work as a neutral in a well-crafted space.
2. How could I not hang the inspiration piece in this room given how much I love it?
3. This chic drum shade light fixture picks up the roundness of the trees & mimic the wheels on the coffee table. The soft, slightly golden shade is autumnal and will complement the room’s wall color.
4. I actually squealed when I found this mirror. The slightly irregular rectangles are just like the windows in the background of the print.
5. I love the shade of these vases. They will help to bring height to the coffee table and will pick up on the blue of the sofa.
6. The chocolate background and leaf motif of this slipper chair provide visual interest for the space. Smaller, less expensive accent pieces are a great way to introduce patterns into a room because they are so much cheaper to change out than large-scale furniture.
7. Natural silk curtain panels in a Celadon shade tie the print and the rug into the rest of the room.
8. The color combo for the room comes directly from the inspiration piece. Pale wheat on the walls provides a warm, neutral backdrop for the cornflower blue, Celadon and chocolate elements.
9. This rug from IKEA is the perfect shade and very affordable.
10. The brown leaf outlines against a muslin backdrop will break up the blue expanse of our sofa.
11. The wooden planks and chunky wheels on this coffee table help bring the slight country feel to the room that the print invoked for me. The coffee table becomes more sophisticated when the vases are placed atop.
This room is SO my style. I feel a redeco coming on…