Picture Perfect Design – Whoville
I know the holidays have wrapped up, but it is hard for me to let go of them. Celebrating Christmas through the eyes of my son makes the whole holiday season more magical and, quite frankly, fun! So, in honor of Christmas 2009, I decided to design a room based on the classic “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” TV special. I used this picture of the entrance to Who-ville.
The first thing that caught my eye about this picture were the fun colors. I also noticed how curvy all of the lines were. To me, this drawing is very feminine. I thought it would work perfectly as the jumping off point for a bathroom design.
1. For me, bathroom design usually springs from the shower curtain. It is almost always the first thing I select for any bath. This one with its lovely pink ribbon trim fits our Who-room perfectly.
2. This mirror with its curvy shape and white, lacquer frame is perfect. Can’t you just imagine Cindy Lou primping?
3. Chandeliers in the bathroom create such whimsy and this one provides a heavy dose of tongue-in-cheek with its swanky lines. It will bring a perfect, white, graphic punch to the space.
4. Bubblegum pink, aqua blue and spring-invoking green are the perfect palette for our fun and whimsical powder room.
6. Art is a great way to bring personality to any bath. I love how girly and fun these prints from etsy’s Lucky Bluebird Art (found here) are. In spray-painted pink frames, these really tie the whole room together.
7. And finally, what is a bath without a place to hang your robe?