Picture Perfect Design – Sand in my Toes
I love this picture of my son’s feet. I took it on a slightly chilly summer evening after playing on the sandy beach of a nearby lake. So, I decided that this picture would be an appropriate choice for my first Picture Perfect Design. The concept behind PPD is to take a photo and create a virtual room inspired by it.
When I look at this picture, I see texture; the graininess of the sand, the nubbiness of the towel. As you will see, a lot of elements in my room are similar in shade. It is the texture that brings this room to life.
1. This sofa in the Blue Myrtle fabric screams nautical to me. The stripe is one of the few patterns in this space filled with neutrals.
2. These pillar holders are the perfect accent for this room. Not only are they aquatic, but their bumpy texture reminds me of the towel sweet Edward is wrapped in.
3. The color scheme for this room is a putty brown mixed with two blues; one inspired by the towel, the other by the denim shorts peaking out from under it.
4. Coral accents the room yet again on this hand embroidered pillow. I am never afraid of mixing patterns and think this will look perfect casually tossed on our striped sofa.
5. The large stones in this art print bring a graphic component to this room. And, I love that the texture of each stone is the focus of this eye-catching photograph.
6. This is my most unconventional choice. I love stools as side tables because of their versatility, and I have always thought the stools traditionally used in science labs were far too interesting to be relegated to dissections alone. The silver toned legs and the kraft-colored top are a perfect fit for this laid back living room.
7. This lamp was made for this room. I love the shape, the rope, the linen shade, everything about it! This is one of the pricier selections for the space, but I found nothing else that fit the bill quite like it does. Sometimes you gotta splurge for that one perfect accent.
8. Any beachy room needs a jute or sisal rug. I love how chunky the weaving is on this selection.
9. Burlap window coverings bring casual element to the room while providing a ton of texture. Bonus – let them pool on the floor for a no-sew, super cheap window treatment.
10. Nubby cotton floor pillows provide the perfect spot for relaxing in this low-key room.