By The Book Design – The Art of Racing in the Rain
Below is my take on a bachelor pad for Denny and Enzo from the book “The Art of Racing in the Rain.” This room was a lot of fun to design because it is so far from my natural aesthetic. Since the book has a heavy dose of car racing in it, I used that and the Ferrari logo as inspiration for the room. Of course, Enzo was in my design thoughts as well.
2. I love this Room & Board sofa. The lines give it a modern yet retro feel and the color is yummy!
3. The curve of this lamp will bring a little visual interest to the room. Plus, it is named Enzo. How perfect is that!
4. I love the shapeliness of this side table. The orange gives the room a fun punch of color.
5. Clean, lines and reasonably priced, this coffee table seems like a no-brainer for a bachelor pad.
6. The color scheme was inspired in part by the Ferrari logo. A grey backdrop always seems to work with modern interiors with retro touches. Orange and a vibrant avocado green bring punches of color and fun to the space.
7. What single man’s living space would be complete without a big screen and a piece of furniture from IKEA? The low profile of this unit allows for optimal TV height and the chunky block legs add nice visual weight to the media center.
8. And for Enzo, a fun doggie bed in one of the accent colors with a hipster graphic of a hydrant on it. Perfecto!
9. The final element for a racing inspired, masculine living room has to be a sleek, black, leather chair. I love how low the arms are on this beauty. Plus, it reclines without looking like your grandfather’s “bark”-olounger (dog pun totally intentional).